Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Concepts

So my trainer has asked me to write an article on binging and I obviously said yes, who is more of an expert than I am?  Honestly though, I don't even know where to start.  As I was talking to my fit sister Ami last night, there is so much to it, so many emotions that are involved, so much going on inside our heads that it's hard to explain to someone especially when we really don't understand it ourselves.  It's a very difficult struggle to have and I would NEVER wish it upon anyone, letting food rule your life sounds so pathetic but it's a reality for many of us and many more who refuse to admit it.


I will more than likely have to put all of my ideas and thoughts down on paper about it, how it starts, the feelings, the guilt, mid binge, pre binge, post binge, and ways to cope that have worked or more often in my case, have not.  Those of us that compete or even fitness models, although it doesn't seem like it from the amount of support we have found via Facebook, are a very small percentage of the world among us.  I think that for most of us it's about recognizing our desire to be different, unique, to push ourselves but also to realize our OWN inner struggles and deal with ourselves emotionally just as much as we deal with ourselves ohysically in the gym.  If we devoted as much time as we did into our training, food prep, cardio, etc as we did into mindfulness exercises, relaxation and self care could we reduce the amount of stress we placed on ourselves?  Should all of these things be apart of this journey? Yes.  Do we have the time to incorporate them? No.  So how then can this be possible?  What can we do to help ourselves mentally through this process besides talking it out with other people?  I know for me that only gets me so far because in the end, talk is cheap, it's our behaviors that are expensive!


Just something to think about, the balance between spending time doing all of these physical things and comparing it to what you do mentally to help yourself get through the inner struggles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment